How can we help young women in Africa turn into leaders? In this emotional talk Executive Director Jana Hardy Kinsey shares how mentors can empower girls to become confident, resilient, inspiring leaders, and how those leaders are changing the world for the better. Read More
Nest unveils their first State of the Handworker Economy Report, an immense report housing troves of descriptive data on artisan small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and home-based workers engaged in craft work. The report was generously funded by Bloomberg Philanthropies and includes a forward by Verna Eggleston as well as contributions from the Council for Fashion Designers of America (CFDA), Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), West Elm, Etsy, GLG (Gerson Lehrman Group), Save the Children Germany, and Eco-age Co-founder, Livia Firth. Read More
Dear friends, all of us at the Imago Dei Fund wish you a happy International Women’s Day! The theme for International Women’s Day 2019 is one which resonates deeply with us and reflects our core values – #BalanceforBetter.
In honor of International Women’s Day, we invite you to pause and meditate on the universal theme of balance… On a spiritual level, imbalances create harm and disease. Think for a moment of all of the cruel and inhumane gender imbalance which has been crawling out into the light of day… Just for a moment. Today is a day to celebrate where we have made strides forward and resolve to heal and make whole. You can’t heal what is hiding in shame and silence. “A balanced world is a better world.” And ask yourself this question: “How can you help forge a more gender-balanced world?” Read More
This International Women’s Day, Girl Rising, the non-profit behind the global campaign for girls’ education and empowerment, debuts a powerful new film titled Brave Girl Rising today in honor of International Women’s Day. Made in collaboration with the International Rescue Committee and filmed in one of the largest refugee camps in the world, Brave Girl Rising tells how a courageous girl, inspired by the magical dreams of her mother and the sisterhood of her friends, succeeds in getting the education she deserves.
Written by poet laureate Warsan Shire and voiced by Tessa Thompson and Golden Globe winner David Oyelowo, this short film is a testament to how hope and love can propel us beyond even the bleakest of circumstances.
BIG NEWS: In celebration of #IWD2019 on March 8th, we’re launching a week-long campaign “Don’t Let A Period Stop Her”!
Starting TODAY – March 11th, we will be in donated digital billboards across the US in 22 locations: http://bit.ly/2Hetck2
AND a week-long social media campaign which will culminate with a very special surprise on March 8th in NYC!
Check out our billboards, take selfies, and tag us! Share our social posts and ads among your network and donate to help girls safely navigate puberty.
We’re so grateful to Entree Health, Link9 LLC, & PVBLIC Foundation for donating their time and talents to make this incredible campaign happen!
Looking for a fun way to engage in Women’s History Month, connect with others and get out in the city? Check out some of these awesome events going on in Boston this month:
- Wednesday, March 6th: LinkedIn Women of Boston Panel, 5:30 pm – 8 pm at WeWork on St. James Street. Tickets benefit SWSG! RSVP here.
- Friday, March 8th: Dorchester Brewing Company’s Vogue Rogue Beer Release in honor of International Women’s Day, with proceeds benefiting SWSG! Click here for more information.
- Wednesday, March 13th: Women’s Power Gap Intiative and the Boston Business Journal present “Meet the New Boston, Same as the Old Boston” 7:30 am – 9:30 am at Bastille Kitchen. Reserve your spot!
- Tuesday, March 19th: Edward M. Kennedy Institute’s “Women in Leadership: Massachusetts Trailblazers” panel with female political leaders, including Boston City Council President Andrea Campbell. 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm, reserve your spot by clicking here!
- Wednesday, March 27th: YW Boston’s “Women on the Rise with the Boston City Councilwomen” 7:30am – 9:30am at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. Click here for details.
Support SWSG and female empowerment in honor of International Women’s Day. Start a fundraiser or donate to one that’s already started. Click here to join the movement! #IWD2019 #BalanceforBetter